Monday, November 24, 2014

Natty Flat


Natty Flat is home to the best Texas BBQ I've tasted and some of the prettiest log furniture I've laid eyes on. If you get the chance to visit, try the smoked brisket and the baked potato salad. You will leave happy, I promise. 

Dane took me to Natty Flat just a few days after we arrived in Texas. He said he took me there for the experience, but I have a sneaking suspicion he was looking for any reason to go back.    


Before you head over to the restaurant, whet your appetite by looking around the Texas Hill Country Furniture & Mercantile. The store is rustic, homey, and warm. It was everything a handmade furniture joint should be. Natural textures and colors dominated the space. Light pops of color from old barn wood or lampshades didn't let you forget that after all, you're still in Texas. 

Gnarled wood coffee tables, cowhide pillows, and hand hewn beams draw your eye quickly from one gorgeous arrangement to the next. 




No comments:

Post a Comment